Sunday, January 8, 2012

I'm back!!!!

I'm back!!! I was kind of over the whole blogging thing, since all my family has facebook now and with instagram, I felt like blogging was just one more thing to take me away from my precious family. But I gave in and decided to do a few posts. We will see how long I last. So much has gone on. I lost my amazing dad to cancer. All I can say is, life is truly so precious! He went fast. 5 weeks is all we had, but we were all with him when he passed and I know he is pain free and in heaven. I miss him so bad and wish he was here. I think about him daily, sometimes hourly, and sometimes I feel sick knowing he is really gone. I know I will see him again. That gives me comfort. I can't wear black everyday, can't sleep in all day, can't cry all the time and can't be depressed. I have a family and life does goes on. My dad would want me to go on and not be sad. I think having a child helps and the power of prayer.


My baby turned 2! With my dad passing so close to her birthday, I truthfully didn't want to do anything, but for her I had to have a party. And I know my dad would have wanted me to have a great party for her. So we quickly did. It was an ice cream sundae party and turned wonderful. I know the birthday girl had a ball. All the kids loved making their own sundaes with all different choices of toppings.

Thanksgiving was awful. We cried the whole day and just stared at each other. Christmas came and went, but I was happy. I wasn't in any Christmas spirit. My niece turned 5 and had a fabulous princess party! Harper Jaymes will be here in 9 weeks and we can't wait to smell her and kiss her chubby checks.

Happy New Year! We stayed home partied with a 2 year old. I made an amazing dinner and I think we were all asleep by 10. I loved it and wouldn't want it any other way.

2012 is going to be great! I have a wonderful family, amazing friends, a healthy child, and so blessed!








I cropped myself out. I have swollen eyes and look huge!




Sweet birthday girl.



























































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you blogged again! I still check to see if you post!

    ReplyDelete