Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Such a horrible day.

I'm writing this to you on my couch and drinking a diet pepsi. The ceiling fan is blowing my hair, and I can hear Georgie playing with my iPhone saying, "hello" over and over. She's just being her cute little self. She is so precious. I'm so happy her medicine has kicked in, and to finally be home. Let's just start out by saying this has been a horrible, awful, crappy day! I need to vent. I know it's just life and of course the joys of motherhood, but today all I did was cry. The ugly cry. Being a parent is hard.

I was up all night with Georgie, she cried and cried all night! I had no idea what to do! She seemed liked she was in horrible pain. I wanted to call 911 for a minute or take her to urgent care, but then she would stop. As soon as I got her out of her bed she was fine and wanted Barney. We maybe got 3 hours of sleep between the two of us. We were up for the day at 6. I didn't mind. I felt rested at the time. I thought. I gave her Tylenol and offered her breakfast, but she refused.

By eleven this morning we were in the doctor's office, and she was diagnosed with the worst ear infection her doctor has ever seen. Poor baby. I was happy that it wasn't anything more major, even though I know how painful ear infections can be. She never once was pulling on her ear, or bringing any attention to it. My heart ached for her and I felt like a bad mom for a moment. I wanted to be the one in pain. She has never been this sick before, or in this much pain. I felt helpless. I think she has been pretty healthy for a whole 19 months, since I did nurse her for a while, (well that is what her doctor said), so that made me feel a little better. He also said, that when she was lying down it was making it more painful in her ear. I was trying to listen to the doctor in more detail, but all I could do was stare at Georgie's little face. Her salty alligator tears rolling down her plump little checks. I needed to get her home and prayed not run out of gas.

I'm so tired now! Feeling rested was just the caffeine working through my body. I had almost a whole pot of coffee. You know when you're so tired you cry? That was me. I think I was crying also because Georgie was in so much pain. She was crying so hard this morning, and I had no idea what to do for her! I couldn't help her. She didn't want rocked like a baby, bottle, Nana, daddy or me. She laid on the floor in horrible discomfort. I rushed her to the doctor as fast as I could, and they got me in as soon as I walked in the door. I'm so happy she is pain free, and back to being my happy girl. She still isn't 100%, but so much better.

To make matters even more horrible, our debit cards weren't working all day! For some idiotic reason the bank sent us new ones in the mail, and so having no access to money all day was awful. I guess that I could have gone into the bank, but who wants to stand in a long ridiculous line with a sick baby!? Not me.

My iPhone screen cracked. Yes, again!

I have no gas, so the feeling of driving around and maybe running out makes my stomach hurt.

Our kitchen light went out.

And the laundry room light, well it flickers on and off. It makes me dizzy and nauseated.

My favorite clock broke in the kitchen. Shattered glass everywhere!

I cut my foot.

I got a speeding ticket.

And to top it if, Peanut has fleas.

4 comments:

  1. Ohh Muffin I Love You!! I'm so sorry to hear about this Crappy Day! I got your message Late :( I'll call you tomorrow! Wish I would have got your call... I would have bought you gas.. and a COFFEE!! Praying for a Great day for you guys tomomrrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggie! Came across your blog through Andrea's. Anyway, so sorry to hear about your girl being sick! I hope she fully recovers soon! Hope tomorrow will be a better day for you! Btw, we still need to have our playdate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear she was so sick! I hope that she is feeling better now and you are rested up. Sometimes it just feels better to "cry it out"!

    ReplyDelete